Qantares is managed by a team of industry statisticians and market professionals, with staff being based across the globe including Perth, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf, and Zürich.
DR JOHN HENSTRIDGE
Dr John Henstridge is Managing Director of Qantares Pty Ltd in Perth, Western Australia.
- Founder (in 1988) and CEO of Data Analysis Australia, the largest statistical mathematical consulting firm in Australia
- Adjunct Professor of Statistics at the University of Western Australia in Perth
- Past National President of the Statistical Society of Australia
- Fellow and Chartered Statistician of the Royal Statistical Society
- Accredited Statistician of the Statistical Society of Australia
- Past President of the Geostatistical Association of Australasia
- Time series and computational statistics specialist
PROF JENS BRECKLING
Prof Jens Breckling is Managing Director of Qantares Deutschland GmbH.
- Founder of the theory of directional time series
- Development of a highly disaggregated General Equilibrium Model of the European Union (1985-1988)
- Co-developer of the original concept of ‘Value-at-Risk’ (VaR) in 1989.
- Quantitative trading & strategy support for the fixed income trading desk at Capel Court (later to become part of ANZ Bank) (1989-1990) and Deutsche Bank (1990-1995)
- Design, implementation and management of a bankwide Investment Database for Deutsche Bank, containing all relevant financial information such as historical security prices
- Development of an encompassing financial instrument management system for Deutsche Börse and Wertpapier Mitteilungen in Frankfurt
- Former Managing Director of Insiders GmbH, and founder of Insiders Information Management (1998) and Insiders Financial Solutions (1999)
- M.Sc. Engineering
- Certified Portfolio Advisor
- Self-employed Investment Consultant and Financial Planner for Deutsche Bank, comdirect bank, Deutsche Apotheker- und Ärztebank, Grüner Fisher Investments and others for 15 years
- Founder (in 2008) and Managing Director of PGI GmbH, quantitative analysis of financial markets based on real-time screening of growth processes
- Development of rule-based trading systems and trading of financial instruments based on highly profitable trading strategies
- Parallel real-time screening of up to 1000 titles on several time scales (e.g. days, minutes, seconds)
- PGI software tool sold in 2012 to Qantares
- Comprehensive trading experience for over 25 years
- 25-year trader and investor across a board portfolio of market instruments
- CEO, Managing Director and General Manager of a range of data- and information-centric businesses over his career
- Project director and information technology advisor for Qantares
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering (UNSW), PhD in Signal Processing (ANU)
- Successful long-term investor in property and equities (qualified as Wholesale/Professional investor)
- Certified Financial Adviser
- Has worked in Industry (Plessey Pacific, 5 years), Academia (ANU, 30 years) and Public Service (Australian Department of Defence, 19 years).
- Has published more than 170 scientific papers, holder of 7 patents
- Co-founder of Canberra Scientific Instruments
DR. STEFAN FLACH
- Master in Economic, Bar Exam, In-hose Lawyer
- Certified Portfolio Advisor, Certified Pension Advisor
- Experience in sales and marketing of financial products, trading, sales and risk management for many decades